Want to FREE YOUR MIND this Friday?
Then welcome to the latest edition of Free Your Mind Friday!
So Free Your Mind Friday focuses on cultivating a MAGIC mindset that is going to get us where we wanna be in life.
It's a while since we've done any mind-freeing and today we wanted to take a slightly different tack…read on to find out more.
One of the things that can tie up your mind towards the end of the week and into the weekend is your “hangover” from the week.
Now we're not talking anything alcohol-induced here! What we mean is the underlying sense of frustration that you carry with you when things didn't go as well as you'd hoped, you know you could have done better, and you just can't leave it behind. So rather than going into your weekend feeling free spirited and ready to relax with important people, you drag your feet with your head still in your work and bring some not-so-helpful emotions along for the ride!
Want to get rid of that pre-weekend hangover? Then check out these 4 Free Your Mind Steps.
1. You are not perfect! The first step is to acknowledge that we aren't perfect and that these hangover frustrations are a consequence of things not going as well as they could. Try as we might, we are not wonder-women 100% of the time, so step one to today's mind-freeing is to acknowledge that you are not always perfect and to be OK with that!
2. Specifically where are you not perfect? Take an opportunity to look specifically at what hasn't gone so well. Time for a brainstorm.
- What isn't going as well as it could.
- What is a specific hangover frustration you often carry with you?
- What one things / project / person / topic is on your mind that you know you will probably take home with you this weekend?
- In what areas would you like to perform better next week?
3. How could you be a little more excellent? Given that you are now clear on what isn't going as well as it could and what things are niggling away at you, the next step is to make things better. We aren't always perfect, but we can sure try to be excellent… so in the pursuit of excellence, now is your chance to think about how you can step things up. Look over your list you have just made and pick the one or two key things that you just know are really bugging you. Ask yourself:
What could you do to improve things?
What could you change to be more effective or efficient in this area?
Do you need to change your approach or perhaps you need to move your goal posts?
4. Mind Freeing Action Time Having done steps 1 – 3, all that's left is to take action. What is one definite action you an take right now that will allow you to leave this behind so you can walk out the door to your weekend with no work hangover! What one thing could you do right now to move towards solving your frustration? It might be taking a concrete action, or it could be scheduling in something for next week that will lead to forward movement.
Do It Now.
Whatever you do, the point is that something needs to change so you can leave this behind and free your mind… and it's up to you to decide what it's gonna be.
And then, with your mind freed, enjoy your weekend!