Why do you Love Your Small Business?
Our last article discussed the reasons why maintaining a positive mindset is so vital to your motivation, performance, and level of satisfaction with your work, and also how positive mindset is a tool for stress management.
This week we want to get straight to the point and give you 5 ways you can reconnect with the positive aspects of your working life, and create positive headspace and mindset so you can overcome stress and move forward in a positive light.
Here are 5 simple questions you can ask yourself that will help you to manage your stress levels and to reconnect with why you are in business.
1. Why did you choose to go out on your own?
Think back to when you were first working on your business idea. What inspired you?
- Perhaps you wanted to be your own boss and answer to no one but yourself.
- Perhaps you wanted to be making profit for yourself, not for someone else.
- Maybe you wanted to be independent in creating your own work space and work hours.
2. What do you LOVE about running your small business?
You are your own boss…. what are the positives that come from that?
- Is it the flexibility, independence and self-determination?
- Is it the feeling of success when you achieve a milestone, close a sale or launch a new product?
3. What have been the positive side-effects of your journey so far?
- Who have you met along the way that has inspired, encouraged, or challenged you?
- What have you learned either through positive experience or through challenging times, that will stand you in good stead in the future?
- What has happened that has surprised you?
4. Where are you headed with your work?
Look to the future of your business â€“ where do you see yourself in 6 months, or 6 years? How does it feel to be there?
5. Finally, what makes you smile during your working day?
We encourage you to take the time NOW to ask yourself these questions â€“ complete them all now or try doing one each day of this week. You could create a little space every day (perhaps just 5 minutes before you start work or at the end of the day) to reconnect with the reason’s why you chose to work on your own and the reasons why you continue to choose to do so!
Why not focus this week on the
positive aspects of your working life?
Keep these motivators at the fore-front of your mind and notice how this can help manage stress and reignite your passion and enthusiasm for your work.
We welcome your comments on this post – let us and other readers know how you got on and what you stumbled upon that has reignited your passion for your chosen way of working!