Where you focus your attention, you will produce your results!
When you are thinking of starting a business it can feel like an overwhelming task. How best to capture all those wonderful hopes, ideas and dreams for your business? Where do you start? How do you plan your business well and set yourself up for success?
One step you can take to make things easier is to step back for a moment and look at the bigger picture. Don’t make the mistake of diving on in there without taking time out to reflect on the purpose of your business and your vision for where it is headed – BEFORE you get into the action planning and to-do lists! Planning your business and having a clear strategy from the start will accelerate your business growth and take a some of the stress out of starting up on your own.
Take some time now to give your planning process a health check.
If you haven’t stopped to think about it then now is the time to start!
Use our Start Up ‘Health Check’ to get a clear picture of where your business idea stands RIGHT NOW and where you really need to start putting in the work to makeÂ it succeed.
Grab a piece of paper and answer the questions below on a scale of 1-5
(1 Strongly disagree, 2 Disagree, 3 Neither Agree Nor Disagree, 4 Agree, 5 Strongly Agree)
- I have a clear vision and strategy for my business
- I have balance between my current work/career/family situation and the work I am doing to set up my business
- I excel at adapting to and implementing the changes that are popping up along the way
- I know how my business will attract a steady stream ofÂ clients
- Setting up my business is inspiring me to excel and bringing out the very best in me
- I have clear boundaries and expectations for myself in relation to my business and I am sticking to them
- I have identified the important stakeholders in my business (e.g. clients, business support services, suppliers, media) and I have a plan for howÂ I am going to communicate my business idea and vision to them
- I am seeking out opportunities to learn and grow as a businesswoman
- I feel connected to and supported by a strong network of people in my business community
- My work style and business systems are highly productive
- I am committed to taking time to ‘step out’ of the business regularly to focus on my big picture business vision and strategy
- I love working on my business!
If you scored 4 or 5 on all of these questions, congratulations! You have many elements in place that make a healthy business.
If you scored 3 or lower on any of these questions, you may not be setting yourself up to achieve your full potential in business.
Which areas above to you need to address? Where are your gaps? Take the plunge and leave a comment below sharing the areas you think you need to improve in -we guarantee we will reply to you with some tips on how you can get started!
Whether you address these challenges on your own, or employ an expert to assist you, don’t let this information pass you by unheeded.
After all, its not what you know, its what you do with what you know that counts!
Did you enjoy this post?
Are you ready to take your commitment to your business one step further? Apply for your FREE 1:2:1 “Business Breakthrough” Strategy Session now and get a taste of how we work at LYSB.Â To find out what it’s all about and how to apply click here.Â These sessions are valued at $197 and there are only 5 spots available per months – apply for yours now!
(LYSB are certified facilitators of the Genuine Contact (TM) Program in Organisational Health and Effectiveness. This resource has been adapted from the self-assessment tool available on the Genuine Contact Professionals website at www.genuinecontact.net)