Where you focus your attention, you will produce your results!
Owners and managers of small business are often multi-tasking, with huge to-do lists and myriad projects to complete. When working this way, however, it is easy to get caught on the treadmill and lose focus on the bigger picture.
When was the last time you gave your business a health check? If itâ€™s been a while, then NOW is the time to do it!
Use this Health Check to get a clear picture of where your business stands RIGHT NOW and where it may need improvement.
Answer the questions below on a scale of 1-5
(1 Strongly disagree, 2 Disagree, 3 Neither Agree Nor Disagree, 4 Agree, 5 Strongly Agree)
- I love working at my business
- I am rarely absent from my business due to ill health
- I excel at adapting to and implementing change
- I have a clear vision and strategy for my business
- My business inspires me to excel and brings out the very best in me
- My business easily attracts a steady stream of my ideal type of client
- I have clear boundaries and expectations for myself in relation to my business and I stick to them
- I communicate well with the stakeholders in my business (e.g. clients, business support services, suppliers, media)
- I seek out opportunities to learn and grow as a businesswoman
- I feel connected to and supported by a strong network of people in my business community
- My work style and business systems are highly productive
- I regularly take time to ‘step out’ of the business and focus on my big picture business vision and strategy
If you scored 4 or 5 on all of these questions, congratulations! You have many elements in place that make a healthy business.
If you scored 3 or lower on any of these questions, you and your business may not be achieving your full potential.
If you have taken the time to work through these questions, you are probably already interested in improving the health and productivity of your business. Use the momentum you have already here to analyse the areas of your business in which you most need to step it up. Then look at how you can address the gaps in your performance, so you and your business are excelling in all areas.
Whether you address these challenges on your own, or employ an expert to assist you, don’t let this information pass you by unheeded.
After all, its not what you know, its what you do with what you know that counts!
Are you ready to take your commitment to your business one step further? Apply for your FREE 1:2:1 “Business Breakthrough” Strategy Session now and get a taste of how we work at LYSB.Â To find out what it’s all about and how to apply click here.Â These sessions are valued at $197 and there are only 5 spots available per month – apply for yours now!
(LYSB are certified facilitators of the Genuine Contact (TM) Program in Organisational Health and Effectiveness. This resource has been adapted from the self-assessment tool available on the Genuine Contact Professionals website at www.genuinecontact.net)